Air Fryer Beets roast up sweet and tender with just oil, salt and pepper, and make an easy roasted beets side dish or salad topping! You’ll want to add this simple and delicious recipe to your dinner rotation!
- 3 cups fresh beets, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces (see note)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Add the beets, oil, salt and pepper to a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Place the beets in the air fryer basket and air fry on 400F for 18-20 minutes, or until fork tender. Stir or shake them a few times while air frying.
- I used a mix of red, golden and candy cane beets in this recipe, but you can use just one variety. The cooking time will be the same for whichever variety of beet you choose.
- Make sure your beets are cut into 1-inch pieces so they cook evenly. If the beets are cut into smaller or bigger pieces, you’ll need to adjust the air frying time accordingly.
- If you double the recipe (as I did for the photos in this post), just increase the air frying time to 25-30 minutes.
- The red beets will add some discolouration to the golden and candy cane beets. So just keep that in mind for presentation purposes. The pattern on the candy cane beets will also fade once roasted.
- The recipe instructions are based on a Philips air fryer with a 2.75 quart capacity. Depending on the size and brand of your air fryer, you may need to adjust the temperature and air frying time slightly.
- Be sure to check out the FAQ as well as the tips and substitutions section above the recipe for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fried beets, easy roasted beets