Air Fryer Chicken Meatballs are tender and juicy, seasoned with a simple herb and spice blend, and made without breadcrumbs or parmesan cheese. They’re gluten-free and dairy-free and come together in less than 30 minutes.
- 1 pound (454 gram package) ground chicken
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients to a large bowl. Use a fork or your hands to mix everything together until combined.
- Roll the mixture into 16-18 balls about 1.5-inches in diameter.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray and arrange half of the meatballs in a single layer in the basket.
- Air fry on 350F for 10-12 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the meatballs reach 165F. (Check the meatballs at the midway point. If they’re browning too much on top, flip them over).
- Repeat with remaining meatballs.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate and enjoy within 3-4 days.
- If the chicken mixture is too wet or sticky (some brands of ground chicken are wetter than others), just refrigerate the mixture for 30 minutes to firm it up before rolling it into balls.
- You can use white or dark ground chicken meat for this recipe. The white meat tends to dry out a little quicker, so I find they are fully cooked after about 10-11 minutes, while the dark meat takes another 1-2 minutes.
- Be sure not to overcrowd the air fryer. You want a little bit of space in between the meatballs to ensure they air fry evenly.
- Unless you have a larger toaster oven style air fryer, you will need to air fry the meatballs in batches.
- The air frying time is based on meatballs that are 1.5 inches in diameter. If you make smaller or larger meatballs, you will need to adjust the air frying time accordingly.
- The recipe instructions are based on a Philips 2.75 quart air fryer. If you’re using a different brand, model and/or size, you may need to adjust the temperature or air frying time slightly.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: chicken meatballs without breadcrumbs, chicken meatballs recipe, air fryer meatballs