Crispy Air Fryer Chickpeas are a quick and healthy snack and work well as a gluten-free topping for salads, soups and noodle bowls. You need just a few ingredients and less than 25 minutes to make these crispy chickpeas in your air fryer.
- 1 can (540 ml) no-salt added chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas and gently pat them dry using a paper towel or clean dish towel. (See note below if you’d like to remove the skins).
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the chickpeas, oil, salt and garlic powder. Toss everything together until the chickpeas are well coated.
- Add the chickpeas to the air fryer basket in a single layer and air fry on 350F for 15-18 minutes, stirring or tossing after 8-9 minutes. The chickpeas are ready when they’re browned and crispy. If they’re still soft in the middle, air fry them for another few minutes.
- Serve immediately or within a few hours.
- If you want to remove the skins, gently rub the chickpeas between two dish towels until the skins loosen. Pick out the skins and discard them.
- I use a Cuisinart air fryer/convection/toaster oven. Depending on the make and model of your air fryer, you may need to adjust the cook time or temperature slightly.
- The recipe calls for no salt added chickpeas. If you use chickpeas with added salt, you may wish to reduce the amount of salt you use in this recipe.
- I use extra virgin olive oil for air frying, but you can use other types of oil such as avocado or canola.
- These crispy chickpeas are best enjoyed right away, or within a few hours. If you’re making them in advance or have some leftover, just note that the chickpeas will loose some of their crispiness the longer they are stored.
Keywords: crispy chickpeas, air fryer chickpeas