If you love crispy, breaded fish fillets, you’ll love this Air Fryer Cod recipe with a panko crust and zero oil! Pair this crispy air fried fish with potato wedges for the ultimate healthy fish and chips!
- 1 pound cod fillets (1-inch thick)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 large egg, scrambled
- 3/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Grease your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut your cod into 3-4 pieces and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Add the flour to a pie dish or rimmed plate.
- Add the scrambled egg to a wide, shallow bowl.
- In another pie dish or rimmed plate, mix together the panko crumbs, basil, oregano, salt, garlic powder and paprika.
- Roll each piece of fish in flour, dip it in the egg and then coat it in the panko crumb mixture.
- Place the fish in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry on 400F for 10 minutes. Flip the fish and air fry for another 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- I usually grease my air fryer basket to ensure the cod doesn’t stick. If your basket is non-stick, you may not have to do this.
- Not all models of air fryers call for preheating. Feel free to preheat yours if it calls for it.
- Make sure your cod pieces are roughly the same thickness so they cook evenly.
- For the best results, don’t overcrowd the air fryer. To achieve this, you may need to air fry the fish in batches.
- Make sure the fish is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 145F but be careful not to over-cook it as it will dry out quickly.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fried cod, breaded cod recipe