Air Fryer Egg Bites are creamy and fluffy made with cottage cheese, crumbled bacon, Swiss cheese and green onion. They’re perfect for meal prepping and breakfast-on-the-go!
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- Add the eggs, cottage cheese, salt and pepper to a blender. Blend on high for 20 seconds or until smooth.
- Divide the bacon, green onion and cheese into 8 standard size silicone muffin cups.
- Pour the egg mixture into the cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Carefully transfer the filled muffin cups to the air fryer basket.
- Air fry on 280F for 13-15 minutes or until the eggs are set.
- Remove the basket from the air fryer and let the egg bites cool just enough to handle.
- Carefully transfer to a plate and remove the egg bites from the silicone cups.
- Serve with your choice of sides or store in the fridge or freezer for later.
- You can whisk the eggs and cottage cheese together, but for the creamiest and smoothest texture, I like to blend them together.
- Be careful not to over fill the muffin cups. The eggs will expand and puff up as they air fry, so just fill them to a maximum of 3/4 full.
- Don’t overcook the egg bites in the air fryer as they will get tough and rubbery.
- This recipe was made in a 5.8 quart air fryer basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, you can half the recipe or air fry the egg bites in two batches.
- Air fryers differ so you may need to adjust the temperature and air frying time slightly for your brand or model.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fryer egg bites, egg muffins