Air Fryer Fish Tacos are made with light and flaky air fried fish fillets seasoned with Cajun spices and topped with jalapeño slaw and pineapple salsa. You’ll love this sweet and spicy combo for your next taco night!
- 1 pound cod fillets (or another white fish), 1/2-inch thick
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 medium-sized flour tortillas
- Jalapeño slaw (optional topping)
- Pineapple salsa (optional topping)
- Preheat your air fryer, if required.
- Cut your fish into 3-4 pieces. Pat the pieces dry with paper towels and place them on a large plate or cutting board.
- Brush the oil on both sides of the fish and then coat each side with Cajun seasoning, using your fingers to gently press it into the flesh.
- Place the fish in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry on 400F for 8-12 minutes. (The amount of time depends on the thickness of the fish). Flip the fish at the halfway point.
- Transfer the fish to a plate and flake apart with a fork.
- Warm 6 tortillas, add the fish and top it with the slaw and salsa, or other desired toppings.
- This recipe was tested in a Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer. Depending on the size, brand and model of your air fryer, you may need to adjust the temperature and cook time slightly. You may also need to air fry the fish in batches.
- The jalapeño slaw is made by combining a broccoli or cabbage slaw mix with this jalapeño dip.
- I used a variation of this pineapple salsa recipe to top the tacos.
- Use fish pieces that are roughly the same thickness so they cook evenly and try not to overcrowd the air fryer.
- Make sure the fish is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 145F. It will be opaque and flake apart easily.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: cod fish tacos, air fryer cod tacos