Crispy Air Fryer Kale Chips are easy to make with simple ingredients and just 7 minutes in the air fryer. They satisfy that savoury, crispy snack craving and make a delicious side dish too!
- 1 small bunch of kale (about 6 cups, torn and loosely packed)
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil (or extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Rinse the kale under cold running water and thoroughly dry by using a clean, lint-free tea towel.
- Remove the stems and ribs from the kale leaves and tear the kale into small pieces. (If the kale still seems wet, pat dry again or use a salad spinner).
- In a large bowl, add the kale, oil and seasonings. Use your fingers to rub the oil and seasonings into the kale leaves so the kale is completely covered.
- Place the kale in the air fryer basket. (The leaves don’t need to be in a single layer).
- Air fry on 300F for 4 minutes. Remove the basket and toss the kale, making sure the leaves on the bottom rotate to the top. Air fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until the leaves are crispy.
- Let them rest for a few minutes before removing from the air fryer. (They will continue getting crispy as they cool).
- Serve immediately. Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 1-2 days.
- Make sure you dry the kale leaves thoroughly before seasoning and air frying. If there is too much moisture on the leaves, they will not get crispy.
- I used a Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer for this recipe, which is large enough for 6 cups of kale. If your air fryer is smaller, you’ll need to air fry the chips in two batches.
- Depending on the brand or model of your air fryer, you may need to adjust the temperature and/or air frying time slightly.
- Keep an eye on your kale chips. They will brown and burn fast so make sure you check on them as they near the end of their air frying time.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: kale chips, air fried kale