Air Fryer Peppers and Onions are a sweet and flavourful side dish made with sliced bell peppers, red onion and a few basic seasonings. They’re easy to prep, take just 15 minutes in the air fryer and make a delicious topping for fajitas and salads!
- 3 medium-sized bell peppers, seeded and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium-sized red onion, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Optional topping:
- crushed red pepper flakes
- Add the pepper and onion slices to a large bowl and add the oil, salt, garlic and black pepper. Toss until well combined.
- Place the peppers and onions in the air fryer basket and air fry on 400F for 15 minutes, or until fork tender. Remove the basket at the mid-way point and shake or stir the peppers and onions to ensure they cook evenly.
- Serve immediately with a dash of red pepper flakes (optional).
- The recipe instructions are based on a 2.75 quart Philips air fryer. Depending on the brand, model and size of your air fryer, you may need to adjust the temperature and air frying time.
- If you have a smaller capacity air fryer, I recommend halving the recipe. If you have a larger capacity air fryer, the peppers and onions will likely cook a little faster, so you may need to reduce the air frying time.
- I used red, orange and yellow peppers, but you can use whatever combination you have on hand. Just note that green bell peppers are not sweet like the other bell peppers and taste a little bitter.
- The crushed red pepper flakes are optional. I suggest only adding them if you like a little heat.
- Be sure to check out the FAQ as well as the tips and substitutions section above the recipe for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fryer bell peppers, air fried peppers, onions and peppers