Air Fryer Pita Chips are lightly seasoned and take just 8 minutes to get golden brown and crunchy in the air fryer!
- 4 pita pockets, white or whole wheat
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut your pitas into triangles (8 triangles per pita).
- Place them in a large bowl and slowly drizzle on the oil, making sure the pitas are well coated.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt and garlic powder and toss to combine. (I prefer to use my fingers to rub the oil and seasoning onto the pitas to ensure even coverage).
- Place in the air fryer basket and air fry on 350F for 6-8 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy. (Shake the basket a few times so the chips on the bottom rotate to the top).
- Let cool in the basket before serving (they’ll get crispier as they cool).
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week.
- There’s no need to air fry the pita chips in a single layer, but you will need to shake the basket a few times to ensure they brown evenly.
- This recipe was tested in a 5.8 quart Corori air fryer. If you have a smaller air fryer, you may need to air fry the pita chips in two batches as you don’t want to overfill the basket.
- If the pita chips blow around in your air fryer, try placing a trivet or rack on top to prevent them from blowing around.
- If you preheat your air fryer, the chips will brown a little quicker.
- Be careful not to use too much oil on the chips. Instead of making them crispier, it will just make them soggy
- These chips are lightly seasoned. If you like your chips well seasoned, feel free to add more salt, garlic or Italian seasoning.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fried pitas