Air Fryer Potato Wedges are golden brown and crispy on the outside, and fork tender and fluffy in the middle. They’re lightly seasoned with dried herbs, garlic and lemon juice, and air fry in less time than oven wedge fries!
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them lengthwise into 8 wedges per potato.
- Place the wedges in a large bowl with the cold water and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and use a clean, lint-free tea towel to pat them dry.
- Dry the bowl the potatoes were in and place the potato wedges back in it.
- Add the oil, lemon juice, oregano, basil, garlic powder and salt, and toss to combine until the wedges are well coated.
- Place the wedges in the air fryer basket and air fry on 400F for 20-25 minutes, or until browned, crispy and fork tender. (Shake the basket a few times to ensure even air frying).
- Cut the potatoes in roughly the same size wedges for even air frying.
- I keep the skins on the potatoes for extra crispiness, but you can peel them if you prefer.
- You can cut back on the oil in this recipe, but the potatoes will be a little less crispy.
- If you have a smaller air fryer, the potato wedges will overlap and will take up to 25 minutes to cook. If you spread out the potatoes in a larger capacity air fryer, they will be ready in 18-20 minutes.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fryer potatoes, wedge fries