If you love toasted pumpkin seeds, you’ll want to try these salted and crunchy Air Fryer Pumpkin Seeds. This easy recipe includes tips and tricks to help you get crispy pumpkin seeds for quick snacks and salad toppings!
- 1 large pumpkin (enough for 1 cup of fresh pumpkin seeds)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Scoop the seeds out of the pumpkin and place them in a large bowl of water. Use your fingers to swoosh the seeds around in the water and remove any pumpkin flesh from the seeds.
- Drain the seeds in a colander and rinse with more water to get any remaining pieces of pumpkin flesh off the seeds.
- Spread the seeds out on a clean, lint-free tea towel or a few layers of paper towels. Ensure all the flesh is removed and let them air dry for at least 2 hours.
- Once the seeds are fully dry, add them to a medium-sized bowl along with the oil and salt. Stir until the seeds are well coated.
- Spread the seeds out in a thin layer in the air fryer basket and air fry on 350F for 15-20 minutes. (Start checking the seeds after 10 minutes to ensure they don’t burn and stir them a few times).
- Remove the basket from the air fryer and let the seeds cool before eating. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
- You can use mini pumpkins like Jack Be Littles but you’ll need a few to get a full cup of seeds. The seeds in these pumpkins are also smaller and tend to stick to the pumpkin flesh, so they take a little longer to clean.
- Don’t skip the step of air drying the seeds as this is essential to getting crunchy pumpkin seeds in the air fryer.
- Feel free to season the pumpkin seeds with more salt or other seasonings to suit your taste.
- If you have more than a cup of seeds, air fry them in two batches. You want the air to circulate around the seeds in the air fryer so the seeds toast evenly.
- If your seeds are smaller, they should be crispy after 15 minutes. Bigger seeds will take closer to 20 minutes.
- If the seeds still seem soft or chewy after 20 minutes of air frying, let them cool for a few minutes. They usually get crispier as they cool. If they’re still chewy, just add them back to the air fryer for a few minutes.
- The recipe instructions are based on a Philips air fryer with a 2.75 quart capacity. Depending on the size and brand of your air fryer, you may need to adjust the temperature and air frying time slightly.
- Be sure to check out the detailed sections above the recipe card for additional advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: toasted pumpkin seeds, roasted pumpkin seeds