Enjoy crispy and tender salmon every time with this Air Fryer Salmon Recipe. You need just a few ingredients and less than 20 minutes from start to finish!
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 salmon fillets (4 ounces each), skin on
- In a small bowl, combine the chili powder, paprika, cumin, garlic powder, salt, onion powder and cayenne pepper.
- Brush the oil on top of the salmon and coat the top with the spice mixture, gently pressing it into the flesh so it sticks.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Place the fillets skin side up in the basket (see note). Air fry on 400F for 12-14 minutes.
- Use tongs or a spatula to carefully remove the salmon from the air fryer basket and serve immediately.
- You can air fry the salmon skin side up or down. I prefer to air fry it skin side up as it results in a crispier top on the salmon. Just note that it is easier to overcook your salmon this way.
- The air frying time is based on 1-inch thick fillets. If your fillets are thinner or thicker, you will need to adjust the air frying time accordingly.
- To ensure your salmon fillets cook evenly, you should choose fillets that have the same thickness.
- If you’re unsure if the salmon is cooked, you can use a fork to flake it apart. Or you can use a digital thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should read 145F in the thickest part of the salmon.
- This recipe is on the spicy side, but you can change up the combination of spices to suit your own tastes.
- The recipe instructions are based on a Philips air fryer with a 2.75 quart capacity. Depending on the size and brand of your air fryer, you may need to adjust the temperature and air frying time slightly.
- Be sure to check out the tips and substitutions section above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: salmon with skin, salmon fillets, crispy salmon