Air Fryer Scallops are tender, succulent and easy to prepare with melted garlic butter, fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon juice!
- 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops (fresh or frozen and defrosted)
- 1/2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- lemon wedges for serving
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Place the scallops in a colander and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Use a knife or your fingers to remove the side muscle on each scallop.
- Preheat your air fryer on 400F for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, gently toss the scallops with oil and old bay seasoning.
- Carefully arrange the scallops in the air fryer basket in a single layer, being careful not to overcrowd them.
- Air fry for 3 minutes, flip the scallops over and air fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until the scallops are opaque.
- Repeat with remaining scallops.
- While the scallops are air frying, mix together the melted butter and garlic.
- Serve the scallops with lemon wedges, melted garlic butter and chopped fresh parsley.
- This recipe was tested in a Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer. If you have a different size, brand or model, you may need to adjust the air frying temperature and time slightly.
- Some brands of air fryers call for preheating. I prefer to preheat mine so the scallops hit a hot basket and start cooking right away.
- If your air fryer doesn’t have a non-stick basket, you may wish to spray your basket with oil or line it with foil or parchment paper to ensure the scallops don’t stick to the basket.
- After you rinse the scallops, make sure they are dried before seasoning them. Excess moisture will affect how well they air fry.
- To ensure the scallops cook evenly, you’ll want to air fry them in a single layer and not overcrowd them. This will mean air frying in 2-3 batches.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fried scallops