Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash is a quick and easy low carb alternative to pasta and takes just 25 minutes to roast in the air fryer!
- 1 spaghetti squash (2 – 2 1/2 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Wash your spaghetti squash and pat it dry.
- Cut the squash in half lengthwise. To do this, use a knife to puncture the skin of the squash a number of times all over. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes to soften the squash. Use a chef’s knife to carefully cut the squash in half. (Make sure your cutting surface is secure).
- Scoop the seeds out and brush the flesh with oil and season with salt, onion powder and pepper.
- Place the squash halves cut side up in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is fork tender.
- Use a fork to pull apart the cooked squash flesh so it resembles strands of spaghetti.
- Serve the noodles warm on their own or with your favourite toppings.
- If you soften the squash in the microwave, make sure you poke holes in the squash so steam can escape. If you don’t, the squash may explode in the microwave.
- Roast the squash cut side up so the oil and seasonings don’t drip out of the basket.
- Make sure your spaghetti squash will fit in your air fryer. I recommend using small ones that are 2 1/2 pounds or less.
- Air frying time will vary depending on how large your squash is and the size, brand and model of your air fryer.
- I used a Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer and two squash halves fit nicely in the basket. If you have a smaller air fryer, you will need to buy a smaller squash or air fry the halves separately.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fryer spaghetti squash