This Air Fryer Tilapia recipe is an easy and healthy dinner option with a few basic ingredients and ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 2 tilapia loins or fillets (about 1 pound)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat your air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes.
- Pat the fish dry with paper towels and brush the oil on both sides.
- Season both sides with the garlic powder and salt.
- Mix together the dried herbs and season both sides of the fish with it. (Use your fingers to rub the herbs into the flesh).
- Place the fish in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry on 400F for 8-12 minutes. (The amount of time depends on the thickness of your loins/fillets). Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges or slices.
- Make sure your loins or fillets are roughly the same thickness so they cook evenly.
- I used 1-inch thick tilapia loins. Thinner pieces of fish will cook faster.
- Try not to overcrowd the air fryer and cook the tilapia in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to air fry the fish in batches.
- If you don’t have a non-stick air fryer basket, you may need to spray the basket with cooking oil or use parchment paper.
- The tilapia loins cook evenly on both sides without flipping them over, but if they start to brown too much on one side, turn them over.
- When flipping the fish or removing it from the air fryer, use a spatula. The fish will be delicate and tongs will cause it to break apart.
- Cook the tilapia to a safe internal temperature of 145F degrees (United States) or 158F degrees (Canada).
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fried tilapia, tilapia recipe, no breading