Air Fryer Turkey Burgers are tender, juicy and packed with flavour. They’re ready in 20 minutes and perfect for days when you don’t want to turn on your stove or break out the grill to cook burgers!
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup panko crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 burger buns
- Toppings of choice
- Preheat your air fryer on 350F for 4 minutes.
- Add all of the burger ingredients to a large bowl and use a fork to mix together until the seasonings are incorporated. (Be sure not to over mix as this will make the burgers tough).
- Use your hands or a burger press to form the ground turkey mixture into 4 equal patties (they will be about 4 inches in diameter and about 1/2-inch thick).
- Carefully place them in the preheated air fryer basket and air fry on 350F for 8 minutes. Flip the burgers and air fry for another 4-5 minutes, or until the internal temperature of each burger reaches 165F. Use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings.
- I used a Cosori 5.8 quart basket air fryer for this recipe so it was large enough to air fry all four burgers at the same time. If your air fryer is smaller, you will need to air fry the burgers two at a time.
- If your basket doesn’t have a non-stick coating, you should spray it with some oil.
- For ground turkey with a higher fat content, you can try leaving the tablespoon of oil out of the burger mixture.
- Instead of panko crumbs, you can use regular bread crumbs or almond flour. Just note that this will make the burger patties a bit sticky.
- If your burgers are sticky, you can use parchment paper to help shape them or refrigerate them for 30 minutes before adding them to the air fryer.
- If you don’t preheat your air fryer, you will need to add a few minutes to the cook time.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: turkey burgers, air fryer burgers