Change up your french fries with these Air Fryer Turnip Fries! They’re coated in a smokey and garlicky seasoning and air fried until golden brown!
- 2 small turnips, ends trimmed and peeled
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or avocado oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Preheat air fryer at 400F for 5 minutes.
- Trim both ends off the turnips and peel them.
- Cut the turnips into 1/2-inch rounds and slice each round into 1/4-inch slices. (You should get about 2 cups of fries).
- Add the fries to a bowl and toss with oil and seasonings.
- Arrange in a single layer in the air fryer basket, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Air fry at 400F for 8 minutes. Flip the fries and air fry for another 3-4 minutes, or until the fries are golden brown and tender with caramelized edges.
- Serve immediately.
- Be sure to cut your turnip fries into roughly the same size slices so they air fry evenly.
- If you cut the fries into larger slices, they will take longer to air fry.
- To prevent your fries from getting soggy, be sure to air fry them in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to air fry them in two batches.
- This recipe was made in a Cosori 5.8 quart air fryer. If you have a different brand or model air fryer, you may need to adjust the temperature and/or air frying time slightly.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: turnip fries