Putting together a cheese board appetizer is easier than you think! Follow these steps and tips to make a holiday cheese board to please all your party guests!
- 4–5 types of cheeses (such as goat cheese, gorgonzola, cheddar, brie, oka)
- 1–2 types of cured meats (such as prosciutto and salami)
- Fresh fruit (such as pomegranate, persimmons and grapes)
- Dried fruit (such as apricots and figs)
- Assorted nuts (such as raw almonds and cashews)
- Dips and spreads (such as jams, hummus and honey)
- Marinated fruits and veggies (such as olives and hot peppers)
- Assorted crackers and bread
- Fresh veggies to serve on the side (such as carrots and celery sticks)
- Start with a large board, platter or serving tray.
- Place the cheese on the board, making sure to space out the different varieties around the board.
- Add the meats around the cheese. You’ll only have 1-2 varieties but you can divide it up around the board in 4-5 places.
- Place the dips and spreads around the board.
- Add in the remaining ingredients to fill out the spaces around the cheese, meat and spreads. Stop when the board looks full. You don’t want any empty spaces on the board, but you don’t want the ingredients piled on top of each other.
- I usually estimate about 1-2 ounces of cheese and meat per person.
- You can slice or cube some of the cheese before you add it to the board or keep it in wedges and add cheese knives to the board.
Keywords: cheese board, charcuterie board