Cherry Almond Crisp is filled with fresh and juicy cherries, strawberries and blueberries, and topped with a hearty oat crumble. It’s refined sugar-free, gluten-free and vegan, and comes together quickly, with minimal work and ingredients!
For the fruit mixture:
- 2 cups pitted and halved cherries, fresh
- 2 cups halved strawberries, fresh
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
For the crisp topping:
- 1 1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup almond butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, virgin and cold-pressed, softened
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 10-inch oven-safe skillet, high-rimmed pie plate or casserole dish.
- To prepare the fruit filling, add all of the fruit to a large bowl, along with the maple syrup, tapioca flour and almond extract. Toss to evenly coat the fruit.
- Spread the fruit mixture out onto the bottom of the prepared skillet.
- To prepare the crisp topping, add the oats, almond flour, sliced almonds and salt to a large bowl and stir to combine. Add in the maple syrup, almond butter and coconut oil, and mix together until a wet and clumpy mixture forms.
- Scatter the crisp topping evenly over the fruit and bake for 28-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling around the edges.
- Let it rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving warm with some dairy-free ice cream
- You can use frozen cherries and berries in this recipe, just make sure to defrost them first, drain them of any water and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- If your almond butter and coconut oil are a little firm, just microwave them for 30 seconds. They will need to be soft in order to mix into the crisp topping easily.
- Don’t skip the step of letting the crisp rest at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving. This helps the fruit mixture firm up.
- Be sure to check out the FAQ as well as the tips and substitutions section above the recipe for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: gluten-free cherry crisp, fresh cherry crisp, healthy cherry crisp