Chocolate Orange Gingerbread Muesli is perfect for your Christmas morning breakfast or holiday brunch. It’s wholesome, filling and packed with clean eating ingredients like rolled oats, quinoa flakes, sunflower seeds, raisins, coconut, spices, dried orange peel and dark chocolate chips. It can be ready in 10 minutes or you can even make it the night before!
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp dairy-free dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp dried orange peel (see note)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate almond milk (see note)
- Pomegranate arils, pistachios, clementines, coconut chips and honey for toppings
- Add all the dry ingredients (everything but the milk and toppings) to a large bowl and stir to combine. Pour in the two kinds of milk and stir until well combined. Let sit for 5 minutes until the oats soften and absorb the milk. You can also cover and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.
- Scoop into bowls and top with pomegranate arils, pistachios, clementines, coconut chips and a drizzle of honey. Serve cold.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 2 days.
- I get my dried orange peel at Bulk Barn.
- If you don’t have dark chocolate almond milk, you can use all unsweetened almond milk, or even use sweetened or vanilla almond milk (or another kind of milk). I like to add some of the dark chocolate almond milk because it sweetens up the muesli a little bit.
- I don’t enjoy muesli when it is too wet or runny, so I add just enough milk to soften the oats. If you like your muesli a little wetter, you can just add more milk.
- I like to serve and eat this muesli cold. If you prefer warm muesli, you could heat the milk before adding it to the muesli. But if you do this, leave the chocolate chips out as they will likely melt. You can just add them to the top of the muesli before serving.