Chocolate Peanut Butter Chia Pudding is the ultimate healthy treat! It’s a great source of fibre, calcium and healthy fats, and when it’s topped with chia jam, caramelized bananas and granola, it’s sure to satisfy your sweet tooth!
For the pudding:
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter (smooth and salted)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Any kind of refined sugar free chia jam (suggested recipe in notes)
- Caramelized banana slices (instructions in notes)
- Granola, nuts and/or seeds
- Unsweetened toasted coconut
- Melted peanut butter
- Making the pudding: Add all the ingredients to a bowl and whisk until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, or overnight, until the chia seeds have plumped and the pudding has thickened. The pudding will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- Assembling the pudding: Divide the pudding into 2 dishes, and top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
- Using 1/3 cup of chia seeds will create a thick pudding. If you don’t like your pudding thick, just reduce the amount of chia seeds.
- If you don’t have salted peanut butter, you can use smooth natural peanut butter and add a pinch of salt to the pudding.
- To make the triple berry chia jam, add 1 cup each of blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries (fresh or frozen) and 1 tbsp. of maple syrup to a small sauce pan. Cover and bring to a low boil. Simmer until the fruit has softened. Mash the berries and stir in 4-6 tbsp. chia seeds (depending on desired thickness of jam). Remove from heat and let sit for 20 minutes covered. Store in the fridge and enjoy within 2 weeks.
- To caramelize the banana, slice one medium-sized banana and spread the slices out on a pre-heated, greased frying pan. Sprinkle on 1/2 tsp coconut sugar. Sauté the banana slices for 3-4 minutes, turning over at the mid-way point. The banana slices are done when they are slightly softened and the coconut sugar has melted. I avoid using a banana that is overly ripe as it will be too sweet and mushy when caramelized.