Holiday entertaining is made easy with these make-ahead Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Parfaits. They’re dairy-free and grain-free, and have all the decadence you’d expect from a cheesecake!
- 1–1/2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa, divided
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons chai spice
- 1/4 cup virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil, melted
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 4 – 400 ml cans of full fat coconut milk, refrigerated for 24 hours
- 1 – 540 ml can of E.D. Smith Raspberry Pie Filling
- Crushed pistachios for topping
Making the almond cocoa crumb base:
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, sift together the almond flour, 1/4 cup of cocoa, coconut sugar and chai spice. Add the melted coconut oil and stir until well combined.
- Press the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before breaking into crumbly pieces. Set aside.
Making the chocolate cheesecake layer:
- Add the avocados and maple syrup to a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until combined.
- Gradually add the remaining 1/2 cup of cocoa, beating well after each addition. Increase to high speed, and beat the mixture until the cocoa is well incorporated and the mixture resembles a chocolate frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl, scoop out the solidified coconut milk from the four refrigerated cans (discard the liquid). Using an electric mixer, beat on high until the milk is whipped and creamy. This will take a few minutes.
- Add half of the coconut whip to the avocado chocolate mixture and stir until well combined. (You can also use the electric mixer to do this). Set aside the other half of the coconut whip for the parfait topping.
Assembling the parfaits:
- Set out six 8-ounce wine glasses or glass jars and add the almond cocoa crumbs to the bottom of each glass or jar, reserving some to top the parfaits.
- Add a layer of raspberry pie filling to each parfait, reserving some for the topping.
- Next, divide the chocolate cheesecake mixture into each glass or jar, and cover and refrigerate for a few hours to allow the cheesecake to set up.
- When ready to serve, top with the remaining coconut whip, almond cocoa crumbs, raspberry pie filling and crushed pistachios.
- These parfaits should be made a few hours (or up to a day) in advance and refrigerated to allow the cheesecake layer to firm up. Just add the coconut whip and other toppings before serving.
- For the coconut whip, you will need to use full fat coconut milk that has been refrigerated for about 24 hours. This allows the milk to separate and solidify. If you’re not sure if it’s fully solidified, just place the cans in the freezer for 20 minutes or so.
- This recipe makes six large parfaits or 10-12 small ones.
Keywords: dessert, raspberries, chocolate, cheesecake, dairy-free, grain-free