Bringing a little goodness to your morning with these Coconut Mango Oatmeal Muffins. They’re made with clean eating ingredients, so they make a wholesome snack or on-the-go breakfast. And they’re stuffed with mango and coconut, so you get a little taste of the tropics too!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup mango, chopped
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- In a small bowl, add the oats, almond milk, vanilla and maple syrup. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the oats to absorb the milk.
- Once the oats are soaked, pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees and grease a large 6-cup muffin pan. (You can also use cupcake liners).
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the egg and olive oil. Add in the oat mixture and stir until combined.
- In another medium-sized bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cacao, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture and stir until combined. Do not over mix. Fold in the mango, chocolate chunks and coconut.
- Using a large ice cream scoop, fill the muffin cups with the batter. Bake for 23-25 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into the muffins comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool fully.
- Muffins will last in an airtight container on the counter for 4-5 days or you can also freeze for later enjoyment.
This recipe makes 6 large muffins. If you prefer smaller muffins, just use a standard size 12-cup muffin pan and bake the muffins for 15-18 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean.