Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and chewy with tart cranberries, sweet orange and rich dark chocolate. They’re made with almond flour, almond butter and coconut oil, so they’re grain-free and dairy-free.
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/4 cup natural almond butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil, softened (but not melted)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (about half an orange)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (dairy-free)
- Pre-heat oven to 375F and line a 9-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar, almond butter and coconut oil using an electric mixer.
- Beat in one egg at a time, orange zest and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond and coconut flours, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and mix on medium-speed until combined.
- Fold in the cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Spread the dough out into the prepared pan and bake for 23-26 minutes, or until the edges pull away and the top is brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 2-3 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Your coconut oil should be very soft, but not melted. You want it to cream together with the sugar and almond butter easily.
- Ensure your cold ingredients are brought to room temperature. If they are still cold, they may cause the coconut oil to harden.
- If you like your cookies on the softer side, bake for 23-24 minutes. If you like your cookies firmer, bake for 25-26 minutes. They will also firm up in the pan as they cool.
- You can also use an 8-inch square pan for a thicker cookie. Just increase the baking time by a few minutes.
- Be sure to check out the detailed sections above the recipe card for additional advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: fresh cranberry chocolate chip cookies, cranberry cookie bars, almond flour cranberry cookies