This Creamy Jalapeño Dip is the best dairy-free jalapeño cilantro dip! You only need six ingredients and the spice level is totally customizable. It also works as a sauce, spread or dressing!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened nut milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, packed, stems mostly removed
- 1 lime, juiced (about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Add the cashews and hot water to a glass dish or jar. Cover and let soak for 25-30 minutes. Once soaked, drain water.
- Add the cashews, nut milk, cilantro, lime juice, jalapeño and sea salt to a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use. It should last for 4-5 days.
- For cashew dips, I always suggest a high-powered food processor or blender. If your blender or food processor isn’t powerful, you will need to blend the mixture for longer and it might not get as creamy. You’ll also want to soak the cashews overnight instead of just for 30 minutes. For the creamiest and thickest texture, try using the smaller smoothie cup that comes with many blenders.
- This dip is moderately spicy. If you like it a little less spicy, use less jalapeño. If you like it spicier, use the full jalapeño or add the seeds too.
- Be sure to check out the tips and substitutions section above the recipe for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: jalapeño cilantro dip, jalapeño dipping sauce