This Dairy-Free Buffalo Chicken Dip is spicy, creamy and tangy with shredded chicken, buffalo sauce and a creamy cashew base!
- 3 cups raw cashews
- 2–3 cups hot water (enough to cover the cashews)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (plus more if necessary)
- 3/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/3 cup light mayo
- 1/3 cup dairy-free ranch dressing
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3–5 teaspoons vinegar (or lemon juice)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups cooked shredded/chopped chicken
- More ranch dressing (optional, for serving)
- Chopped green onions (optional, for serving)
- Add the cashews and hot water to a large glass dish. Cover and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a baking dish or oven-safe skillet.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a high-powered blender or food processor along with the other ingredients (except the chicken).
- Blend on high until smooth. You may need to add more milk to help the cashews blend into a smooth texture. (This depends on the power of your blender or food processor).
- Taste and adjust with more buffalo sauce, vinegar or ranch dressing, if necessary.
- Add the blended cashew mixture to a bowl and stir in the chicken.
- Spread the dip out into the prepared baking dish or oven-safe skillet and bake for 20 minutes, or until the dip is heated through.
- Swirl a little more ranch dressing onto the top of the dip (optional) and top with chopped green onions.
- Serve immediately with veggie sticks and chips.
- To keep this recipe dairy-free, make sure your mayo and buffalo sauce do not contain dairy.
- Soaking the cashews is essential for easy blending and to achieve a creamy texture.
- A high-powered blender or food processor works best for this recipe.
- The cashews require liquid (almond milk) to help them blend. If the cashew cream is too thick or not blending well, just add a little more almond milk to thin it out and help it blend.
- You can adjust the spice level by using more or less buffalo sauce. You can also add a little more almond milk, mayo, vinegar or lemon juice to tame the heat.
- This recipe serves about 6 people, so feel free to half the recipe to serve fewer people.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: buffalo dip, dairy-free buffalo chicken