Dairy-Free Queso Dip is thick and creamy with a hint of spicy chilis and lots of smokey flavour. You can devour it as a straight up chip dip or pour it over your favourite nachos. And thanks to the cashews and nutritional yeast, you’d never say this ‘cheesy’ dip is vegan!
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened nut milk
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 3 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more for garnish)
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies
- Add the cashews and hot water to a glass dish and let soak for half an hour.
- Drain cashews and add to blender, along with nut milk, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika, salt and garlic. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add tomatoes and pulse a few times until they break into small pieces.
- Stir in the green chilis and red pepper flakes.
- Enjoy it cold by serving right away or chilling in the fridge for later. Or heat it up on the stove top or in the microwave to enjoy warm.
- Garnish with more red pepper flakes and serve with chips or pour over nachos.
- If you like a spicier queso, just add some more red pepper flakes, or substitute chili powder for some of the smoked paprika. You can also add some finely chopped jalapenos for an extra kick.
- Make sure you use smoked paprika, not regular paprika.
- A high-powered blender works best, but if you don’t have one, just blend the ingredients in two batches, or use a food processor.
Keywords: vegan queso, cashew queso