Everything Bagel Cornbread Waffles are clean eating, gluten-free and seasoned with everything bagel spice. They’re perfect for any meal of the day. Just load them up with eggs and avocado or pesto and tomatoes, and you’ve got yourself a savoury breakfast, filling lunch or light dinner!
- 1 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup gluten-free corn flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp + 2 tbsp everything bagel seasoning (divided)
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chives
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees and grease a silicone waffle mold. (I also place the mold on a baking sheet for stability).
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of the everything bagel seasoning on the bottom of the waffle mold. (When you remove the baked waffles from the mold, the seasoning will then be baked into the top).
- In a large bowl, add the flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir until combined. Stir in the 2 tbsp of everything bagel seasoning, nutritional yeast, oregano, chives and garlic.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggs and olive oil. Create a well in the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients into the well. Whisk the mixture together until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the silicone mold (you will need to use a spoon to spread it out evenly).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the waffles are browned up and firm.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the mold for 5 minutes. Then turn the waffles out on to a cooling rack or serve immediately with desired toppings!
- You can store the waffles in an airtight container on your counter if you plan to eat them within 1-2 days. Or you can freeze them for later enjoyment!
- For these waffles to be gluten-free, you will need to ensure the baking powder and spices you use are gluten-free.