Cheesy Everything Bagel Croutons will be your new favourite topping for soups and salads! They’re seasoned with everything bagel spice and nutritional yeast, and bake up ultra crunchy in the oven.
- 3 cups cubed stale sourdough bread (1-inch cubes)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the bread cubes to a medium-sized bowl. Slowly drizzle on the oil, making sure to cover as much of the bread as possible. Sprinkle on the seasonings and gently toss together until the bread cubes are well coated.
- Arrange the bread in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle on any remaining crumbs from the bowl and press them into the bread cubes. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crunchy. (Flip them over after about 15 minutes of baking).
- Remove from oven and let cool completely on baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container. Store at room temperature and enjoy within 5-7 days.
- Gently toss the bread cubes with seasoning. If you’re too rough, the bread may start to crumble.
- For a crunchier texture, make sure your bread is a few days old. Fresher bread will take longer to get crispy.
- You may need to adjust your bake time slightly depending on the type of bread you use and how stale it is.
- There will be crumbs left on the pan after baking the croutons. They have lots of flavour so don’t throw them away. I usually add the crumbs to soups and salads along with the croutons.
Keywords: homemade croutons, cheesy croutons