Mini Gingerbread Protein Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
Mini Gingerbread Protein Donuts with Chocolate Glaze are the perfect holiday treat. They’re baked not fried, come together in one bowl, and they’re gluten-free and dairy-free!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 13 minutes
- Total Time: 28 minutes
- Yield: 12 donuts 1x
- Category: Desserts; Snacks
- 1/2 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup light buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla protein powder (dairy-free, gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg, scrambled
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, dairy-free
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, virgin, cold pressed
- Sprinkles or other desired toppings
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and grease a 12-cavity mini donut pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together the almond flour, buckwheat flour, protein powder, baking soda and spices. Add in the almond milk, molasses, oil and egg, and stir until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared donut pan and bake for 12-13 minutes, or until a tooth pick inserted into a donut comes out clean.
- Let donuts cool in pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add the chocolate chips and coconut oil to a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for two 30-second intervals, stirring in between. Stir until chocolate is smooth.
- Dip the top of each donut into the melted chocolate and let any excess chocolate drip off before returning to the wire rack. Add the sprinkles to each donut as you go.
- Transfer donuts to an airtight container and refrigerate until chocolate is set. Store at room temperature and enjoy within 2-3 days.
- The baking time is for a 12-cavity mini donut pan. If you use a full-size donut pan, you will need to increase the baking time.
- For dairy-free donuts, ensure the protein powder and chocolate chips are dairy-free.
- For gluten-free donuts, ensure the protein powder, spices and sprinkles are gluten-free.
Keywords: donuts, gingerbread, gluten-free, dairy-free, baked, protein