Crustless Asparagus Quiche is quick and easy with a dairy-free egg filling and sautéed asparagus. It’s perfect for a spring breakfast or brunch!
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1/2 large green pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk, room temperature and well stirred
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, packed and stems mostly removed
- 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (plus more to season the asparagus)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (plus more to season the asparagus)
- Preheat oven to 375F and grease a 10-inch pie plate.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the asparagus with a dash of salt and pepper for 5-7 minutes, or until it’s tender and begins to brown.
- Add the green pepper to the pie plate and place the cooked asparagus on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and coconut milk until well combined, and then whisk in the parsley, green onion, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Pour over the asparagus and peppers.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges of the quiche puff up and the egg is just set in the middle.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes before cutting into slices and serving.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator and enjoy within 2-3 days.
- The full fat coconut milk is thick. Make sure it is at room temperature and has been well stirred. You don’t want little pieces of solidified coconut milk in your quiche. If your milk is not smooth, just pop it in the blender and blend until smooth.
- The quiche will have a subtle hint of coconut flavour, but it’s not overpowering. If you’re not a fan of coconut milk and don’t mind your quiche a little less custardy, swap in almond or cashew milk. The quiche just won’t be as thick or creamy.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: crustless quiche, asparagus quiche recipe