Ground Beef Fajitas are ready in less than 30 minutes and include lean ground beef, peppers, onions and homemade fajita seasoning!
- Fajita seasoning (see below)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (127 ml) chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1/2 large green bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 flour tortillas
- sour cream
- avocado slices
- sliced jalapeños
- lime wedges
- chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk together the spices for the fajita seasoning.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and the add the ground beef and fajita seasoning. Brown the beef, using a spatula to break it apart into smaller pieces as it cooks. Make sure the seasoning is mixed in with the ground beef.
- Once the beef is browned and no longer pink inside, stir in the green chilies (if using). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Add oil to a second skillet and heat on high. Add the peppers and onions and sauté for just a few minutes until they start to soften and char slightly.
- Serve ground beef, peppers and onions on warmed tortillas with your desired toppings.
- Be careful not to overcook the ground beef as it will turn out tough and chewy. You want it browned and cooked to a safe internal temperature of 160F.
- You’ll need your skillet hot when you add the peppers and onions. This will help them char quickly without overcooking and getting too soft.
- If you only have one skillet, just transfer the cooked ground beef to a plate while you sauté the peppers and onions in the same skillet.
- If you’re sensitive to spicy food, just leave out the green chilies and use just half of the fajita seasoning. You can always add more to suit your taste once the ground beef is cooked.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: ground beef, fajitas