Quick and easy to make, Jalapeño Vinaigrette is spicy, sweet and tangy with just 7 ingredients including cilantro, lime juice and jalapeño!
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, loosely packed
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeds and membrane removed
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until everything is combined and emulsified. This should just take 20-30 seconds, depending on the power of your blender. (It’s okay if there are still flecks of cilantro, but you don’t want any big chunks of jalapeño).
- Pour into a glass dish or jar with a lid and store in the fridge for 2-3 days.
- You’ll need to use a blender for this recipe. I use the smoothie cup that comes with my blender, but a larger stand blender will work too. If you don’t have a blender, a food processor can also work.
- When removing the seeds and membrane from the jalapeños, you might want to wear gloves to protect your hands from getting spice burns.
- The seeds and membrane of a jalapeño contain more heat than the flesh, so I normally remove them, but you can add them for extra heat if you prefer.
- Once stored in the fridge, the vinaigrette may solidify a little and the oil may separate. Just let it sit at room temperature for 15-20 minutes and then shake or stir it before using.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: jalapeno, lime, cilantro, vinaigrette, dressing