You’ll love this Lemon Almond Flour Cake for a quick and easy dessert. It has a tender crumb with fresh lemon flavour. Serve it on its own or with the toppings of your choice!
- 2 cups almond flour (208 grams spooned and leveled)
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium-sized lemon, zested (about 1 tablespoon)
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease an 8-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk or sift together the almond flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil and lemon zest.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and use a spatula to gently fold together until the dry ingredients are incorporated. Be careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool for a few minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve on its own or topped with whipped cream or coconut cream and berries.
- Store the unfrosted cake in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days. If frosted, store in the refrigerator and enjoy within 3-4 days.
- Make sure you use almond flour and not almond meal.
- Use the spoon and level method to measure the almond flour.
- You can substitute granulated sugar for the cane sugar.
- The batter will be thick so make sure you use a spatula to smooth out the top once the batter is in the cake pan. This will help it bake up level.
- To ensure the batter mixes together evenly, use room temperature ingredients.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: flourless lemon cake, almond flour cake