Lemon Garlic Pasta is quick and easy with fresh dill, peas and asparagus. There’s no butter or cream and it takes just 25 minutes to make!
- 2 cups green peas, fresh or frozen
- 16 spears fresh asparagus, halved with ends trimmed
- 1 package (227 grams) spaghetti (gluten-free, vegan)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive olive
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Grated parmesan cheese for topping, optional
- Additional salt, pepper and lemon juice to taste
- Blanch the peas and asparagus: Bring a large pot of water to a boil and prepare an ice bath by filling a large bowl with cold water and lots of ice. Add the peas and asparagus to the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until tender. Drain and quickly plunge into the ice bath. When the asparagus and peas have fully cooled, drain the water and set aside.
- Cook the pasta: Bring a large pot of water to a boil (use the same pot you cooked the peas and asparagus in) and cook the pasta according to package instructions.
- Sauté the garlic: While the pasta is cooking, preheat the oil in a large skillet or Dutch oven and add the garlic. Cook on medium heat for for 3-4 minutes, or until softened. Stir frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Assemble: Add in the pasta, peas, asparagus, lemon juice, dill and salt. Stir until combined. Cover and let cook on low heat for 2-3 minutes, or until the peas and asparagus are heated through. Do not overcook as the vegetables will get too soft. Add grated parmesan cheese (optional), as well as some pepper and additional salt and lemon juice to taste. Serve and enjoy.
- To keep this recipe vegan and gluten-free, be sure to use vegan, gluten-free pasta.
- Fresh and frozen peas will cook for the same amount of time so use what’s available to you.
- This pasta is garlicky. If you prefer it a little less garlicky, just cut back on the cloves.
- If you can’t find fresh dill, you can substitute with fresh parsley, thyme or basil.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: asparagus, peas, spring pasta, lemon, garlic