This Maple Granola Recipe is made with gluten-free rolled oats, crunchy walnuts and sweet maple syrup. It’s refined sugar-free and oil-free, and you need just 7 ingredients to make it!
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups raw walnuts (chopped or pieces)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the first six ingredients.
- Add the maple syrup and stir until the dry ingredients are well coated and the mixture looks wet.
- Spread out the granola mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the granola is golden brown and starts to get crunchy. Stir frequently to ensure it bakes evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Let the granola cool completely on the pan before transferring to an airtight container.
- Store at room temperature for 1-2 weeks, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- For even baking, make sure you stir the granola a few times while it bakes. The walnuts can burn fast, so keep an eye on the granola towards the end of the baking time.
- You’ll want to bake the granola until it’s golden brown and starts to get crunchy. If it is still soft to touch, just bake it a little longer. It will get crunchier as it cools, so resist the urge to over-bake it.
- If you can’t find chopped walnuts or walnut pieces, just buy walnut halves and pulse them in your food processor a few times.
- The total time for this recipe includes time for the granola to cool completely.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: maple syrup granola, maple walnut granola