Oatmeal Superfood Granola Bars are nut-free and loaded with clean eating ingredients like rolled oats, quinoa, goji berries, maca powder and dark chocolate! Perfect for school lunches and mid-day snacks!
- 1–1/4 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup tricolour quinoa, uncooked
- 1/2 cup coconut chips, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup dried goji berries
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp maca powder
- 1 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- Optional chocolate drizzle:
- 3 tbsp mini dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 tbsp virgin, cold-pressed coconut oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and grease a rectangular tart pan (I used 14″x4″).
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, quinoa, coconut, strawberries, goji berries, cinnamon, maca powder and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add the sunflower seed butter and honey and stir until well-combined and smooth. (You may need to microwave the mixture for 20-30 seconds so it’s soft enough to stir together).
- Pour the mixture over the oatmeal mixture and stir for several minutes until well combined and sticky. (If your seed butter/honey mixture is still warm from the microwave, wait a few minutes before adding it to the oatmeal mixture so the chocolate chips don’t melt).
- Firmly press the mixture into the prepared tart pan and bake for 12-13 minutes, or until the edges are browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for 2-3 hours, or until the granola bars have firmed up.
- Once firmed up, cut into 8-10 pieces. Melt the additional chocolate chips and coconut oil and drizzle over the bars. Place in the fridge until the chocolate is set. Store the bars on the counter in an airtight container and enjoy within 4-5 days, or freeze for later enjoyment!
- The granola bars will still be a bit soft when you remove them from the oven, but they will firm up as they cool in the pan. You should wait until they are firmed up before cutting into bars.