Turkey Jalapeño Burgers are plump, lean and juicy, and will bring all the flavour to your summer cookout! They’re seasoned with a simple spice mixture, diced jalapeño, fresh cilantro and chopped onion. No eggs or breadcrumbs required, and you can adjust the spice level to suit your taste!
- 1 pound (454 g package) extra lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, add all of the burger ingredients and mix together until well incorporated but not over mixed.
- Shape into 4 patties about 1-inch thick. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Clean and liberally grease an outdoor grill and preheat for 10 minutes.
- Place the burgers on the grill, close the cover and cook over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes. Flip the patties over and cook for another 8-10 minutes, or until the burgers reach an internal temperature of 165F.
- Remove from heat and serve on a bun with desired toppings.
- To cook these burgers on the stovetop, add a small amount of oil to a grill pan or cast iron skillet and preheat for 5 minutes. Add the burgers and cover and cook over medium heat for 8-10 minutes per side, or until they reach an internal temperature of 165F.
- Fresh ground turkey works best in these burgers. If you only have frozen, let it thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. The burger mixture will be wetter, so letting the patties firm up in the refrigerator will be important.
- If you like your burgers spicier, add more jalapeño or cayenne pepper. If you like them milder, just use less jalapeño.
- If you’re not a fan of cilantro, try substituting fresh parsley.
- If you don’t have fresh garlic cloves, just use 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder in place of the 2 cloves.
- Be sure to check out the FAQ as well as the tips and substitutions section above the recipe for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: turkey burgers, jalapeño burgers, spicy turkey burgers