Triple Berry Chia Seed Jam with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries is small batch, refined sugar-free and ready in just 20 minutes!
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup blackberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 5 tablespoons chia seeds
- Add the berries to a saucepan with the maple syrup.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the berries have softened and juices have been released.
- Remove from the heat and mash the berries with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the chia seeds and stir to combine.
- Cover the jam and let sit for 10 minutes or until the chia seeds have plumped and thickened the berry mixture.
- Transfer the jam to a jar or glass dish, then cover and store in the fridge for up to a week.
- If you like a thicker chia jam, use 6 tablespoons of chia seeds.
- If you like your jam a little runnier, use 4 tablespoons of chia seeds or add a little water.
- You can swap out different berries or use a different combination of berries. Just make sure it’s a juicy kind of berry.
- If you like chunks of fruit in your jam, you don’t need to mash up the berries as much.
- You can leave out the maple syrup or, if you like a sweeter jam, you can use more.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: chia seeds, chia jam, berry jam, small-batch jam