White Bean Tuna Salad is a quick and easy salad with creamy white beans, flaky tuna and crunchy veggies. It comes together with just a few pantry staples and some fresh veggies. Enjoy it as an entrée, side dish or on a sandwich!
- 2 cans (540 ml) no salt added white beans (about 4 1/2 cups), drained and rinsed
- 1 can (184 g) white flaked tuna packed in water, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups loosely packed arugula
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, add the beans, tuna, celery, pepper, onion and arugula.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Pour over the bean mixture and toss to combine.
- Season with additional salt and pepper before serving.
- The recipe makes 4 entrée sized servings or 6-8 side salads.
- This salad is best enjoyed within a few hours of making it. This gives the flavours a chance to blend, but the ingredients still remain fresh and crisp.
- Leftovers will last for 1-2 days but after that the tuna and greens will not taste fresh. Without the tuna and arugula, this salad will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
- The recipe calls for no salt added white kidney beans or cannellini beans. Navy beans or great northern beans will work too.
- If you use beans with salt added, you may wish to reduce the amount of salt you add to the salad.
- The tuna I used was not low sodium as it didn’t add enough flavour to the salad. If you use low-sodium, you may wish to add more seasoning to the recipe.
- The salad dressing makes enough just to coat the salad. If you like extra salad dressing, just double the recipe and reserve half to add to the salad before serving.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: tuna bean salad, white bean salad, cannelllini bean salad