Citrus Crunch Salad is fresh and flavourful with crunchy veggies and walnuts, crumbled blue cheese and a tangy citrus vinaigrette. It’s a healthier version of coleslaw that takes just 10 minutes to assemble!
For the vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons no-sugar added orange juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dash of ground black pepper
For the salad:
- 6 cups coleslaw mix (red and green cabbage and carrot)
- 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 clementines, peeled and separated
- Prepare the vinaigrette: In a small jar with a lid, add all the ingredients for the vinaigrette and shake well. Set aside.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, add all the salad ingredients, including the vinaigrette. Mix until well combined. Serve immediately.
- If you’re making this salad ahead of time, wait to add the walnuts, clementines and the dressing until just before serving. This will ensure the salad stays fresh and crunchy.
- The vinaigrette calls for no-sugar added orange juice, but you can also use freshly squeezed orange juice.
- If making the vinaigrette in advance, refrigerate until ready to use. Just shake well before adding it to the salad.
- I used clementines in this salad, but tangerines or blood oranges would also work nicely.
Keywords: citrus salad, crunchy salad, coleslaw