Winter Salad with Citrus Honey Dressing is light and refreshing with an assortment of winter greens, crunchy veggies and seasonal fruit. It’s topped with a sweet and tangy dressing made with clementines and honey, and makes the perfect side salad for cold winter evenings!
For the dressing:
- 2 clementines, peeled and separated into pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
For the salad:
- 6 cups baby spinach, packed
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 2 clementines, peeled and separated into pieces
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 blood orange, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Make the dressing: Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender, except the parsley, and blend on high until well combined. The dressing will be pulpy. Stir in the parsley. Pour into a dish or jar with a lid and store in the refrigerator.
- Assemble the salad: In a large bowl, add all of the salad ingredients, drizzle on the desired amount of dressing and toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- The dressing makes about one cup, so you may have some leftover. Just store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator and enjoy within 2-3 days. The dressing will solidify a little, so just let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes and then shake or stir before using.
- The salad ingredients are customizable, so feel free to use other winter greens, veggies and fruit that you have on hand.
- While I used clementines in the dressing, you can also use oranges or tangerines. Just make sure whatever you use is seedless.
- When making the dressing, be sure to stir in the parsley after the dressing is blended. If you add it to the blender, your dressing will be tinted green.
Keywords: citrus salad, winter citrus salad, sunshine salad