You’ll love these crispy Air Fryer Breaded Shrimp with a simple panko breading and old bay seasoning. They’re oil-free with a crunchy coating and you need just 5 ingredients!
- 400 grams (about 0.88 lbs) raw shrimp (approx. 32–34 large shrimp)
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 2 teaspoons old bay seasoning
- Pat the shrimp dry with a paper towel.
- Place your flour in a shallow bowl or rimmed plate.
- Whisk together your eggs in a separate bowl.
- Mix together your panko crumbs and old bay seasoning in another shallow bowl or rimmed plate.
- Coat the shrimp in a thin layer of flour, shaking off any excess.
- Dip each shrimp into the egg, letting any excess egg drip off.
- Coat the shrimp in panko crumbs.
- Place the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer basket and air fry on 400F for 6-8 minutes, flipping at the halfway point.
- Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- I usually use one hand to coat the shrimp in flour and dip in the egg, keeping the other hand dry to roll each shrimp in the panko mixture and transfer to the air fryer. If you use the same hand, your fingers will quickly get clumped up with egg and panko crumbs.
- Things may still get a little messy so be sure to keep a towel nearby to wipe your fingers.
- For quick and even cooking, make sure you air fry the shrimp in a single layer. Depending on the size of your air fryer, this will require at least 2-3 batches.
- Make sure you flip the shrimp halfway through air frying to ensure they cook and brown evenly.
- Shrimp cook quickly so be careful not to overcook them as they will get chewy. They’re fully cooked when they reach an internal temperature of at least 145F and go from translucent to opaque.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: shrimp appetizer, air fried shrimp, crispy shrimp