Air Fryer Jalapeño Poppers are a dairy-free twist on a game day staple! They’re filled with homemade cashew cheese and wrapped in crispy prosciutto. You only need 7 ingredients and they take just 10 minutes in the air fryer!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cashew milk (or almond milk)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 small jalapeño peppers
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Add the cashews to a glass dish, cover with hot water and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain the cashews and add them to a blender or food processor along with the nut milk, nutritional yeast, smoked paprika and salt. Blend on high until creamy.
- Cut your jalapeños in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and membrane. (Wear gloves to protect your hands).
- Tear each slice of prosciutto into 3 pieces. (Make sure they’re big enough to wrap around a jalapeño).
- Fill each jalapeño half with cashew cheese and wrap with a piece of prosciutto.
- Spray the bottom of the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray. Add the jalapeños in a single layer and air fry on 325F for 10-12 minutes, or until the peppers are tender and the prosciutto is crispy. Repeat until all the jalapeños are air fried.
- You can use traditional green jalapeños or black jalapeños (pictured in this recipe), which have a darker colour (almost black) and a milder taste.
- A high powered blender or food processor works best to make the cashew cheese filling.
- The cashew cheese will puff up in the air fryer, so be sure not to overfill the jalapeños.
- This recipe was tested using a Philips 2.75 quart air fryer. If you’re using a different brand, model and/or size, you may need to adjust the temperature or air frying time slightly.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: air fried jalapeño poppers, dairy-free jalapeño poppers, jalapeño poppers without cream cheese