Summer Peach Salad is filled with juicy peaches and fresh blueberries, and topped with a tangy and creamy blueberry peach balsamic dressing. It’s perfect as a side salad for summer grilling, and you only need 9 ingredients to make it, including the dressing!
For the salad:
- 6 cups greens of choice
- 1/2 cup cilantro, packed, chopped and stems mostly removed
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup raw pecans
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 2 medium-sized peaches, sliced
For the blueberry peach balsamic dressing:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 medium-sized peach, pealed and sliced
- Assemble the salad: Toss together the greens and cilantro and add to a large bowl or onto 6 small plates. Layer on the remaining salad ingredients.
- Make the dressing: Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until thick and creamy with flecks of blueberry throughout.
- Serve: Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve.
- The balsamic dressing includes fresh peaches and blueberries, so I find it’s best enjoyed fresh. I suggest waiting to make it until just before serving.
- If you want a make ahead dressing for this salad, I like to use a honey basil vinaigrette, which can be stored at room temperature for a few days. You’ll just need 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil, 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons liquid honey, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil and a dash of salt. Blend and pour into a jar with a lid.
- To grill peaches, just cut them in half and remove the pit. Brush the cut side with olive oil and place cut side down on the grill for 3-5 minutes. You can flip and grill on the other side if you like, but to keep the peaches firm and easy to slice for the salad, I only grill them on one side.
- Be sure to check out the FAQ as well as the tips and substitutions section above the recipe for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: blueberry peach salad, peach summer salad