This homemade Cashew Mayo is quick and easy to make with a creamy texture and tangy flavour. You need just 6 ingredients and it’s egg-free and oil-free!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup hot water
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 1 large lemon, juiced (about 3–4 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (apple cider or white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Place the cashews and hot water in a glass dish. Cover and let soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and add the cashews to a blender or food processor with the rest of the ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- If the mayo is too thick to blend, add more water (1 tablespoon at a time).
- Taste, then add more salt, if necessary.
- Refrigerate for a few hours to let the mayo thicken.
- A high-powered blender or food processor works best for this recipe. If you don’t have one, I recommend soaking your cashews for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- If you have difficulty blending the cashews, try blending in batches or adding more water.
- The total recipe time includes time for the cashews to soak and for the mayo to chill. The actual hands on time is only 5 minutes.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: vegan, cashew, mayo, mayonnaise