This easy, vegan Chipotle Dip has a smoky flavour with a touch of sweetness and a hint of heat. It’s made with cashews so it’s smooth, creamy and mayo-free!
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup hot water
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 3 teaspoons maple syrup
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili pepper (chipotle powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add the cashews and hot water to a glass dish and let soak for 30 minutes.
- Drain cashews and add to blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy within 3-4 days.
- A high-powered blender or food processor works best for this recipe.
- This dip has a spicy kick. If you prefer a milder dip, just reduce the amount of chipotle powder you use.
- If you like it sweeter, you can add a little more maple syrup.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice instead of bottled juices.
- If you’d like to use this dip as a salad dressing, just blend in a little more milk or water to make it a thinner consistency.
- Be sure to check out the other sections above the recipe card for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: chipotle sauce, cashew dip