These Christmas Blondies are soft and chewy with festive holiday sprinkles and loads of peanut butter. Perfect for gifting or adding to your Christmas cookie boxes!
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, smooth & salted, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons virgin, cold pressed coconut oil, softened (not melted)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup red, white and green sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease an 8-inch square pan and line it with overhanging parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the sugars, peanut butter and coconut oil and, using an electric mixer, beat on high until the ingredients are well combined.
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and then the vanilla. Continue beating the mixture on medium-high for a few minutes until it thickens and turns a lighter colour.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together the flours, baking powder and salt.
- With the mixer on low speed, gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and beat until just incorporated.
- Stir in most of the sprinkles, reserving some for the top.
- Spread the batter out evenly in the prepared pan. Scatter the remaining sprinkles on top.
- Bake for 24-26 minutes, or until lightly browned on top.
- Let cool completely on a wire rack. Using the edges of the parchment paper, lift the blondies out of the pan and cut into 16 squares.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature and enjoy within 5-6 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Make sure your cold ingredients are brought to room temperature so they mix together easily.
- You can use granulated sugar if you don’t have cane sugar.
- To keep these blondies dairy-free and gluten-free, make sure your sprinkles are dairy-free and certified gluten-free.
- If the batter is too sticky to spread, spray a little bit of non-stick cooking spray on a sandwich bag and use it as a glove to help spread out the batter with your fingers.
- Be careful not to over bake the blondies. They continue baking once you remove them from the oven.
- The total recipe time includes time for the blondies to fully cool.
- Be sure to check out the FAQ as well as the tips and substitutions section above the recipe for more detailed advice and suggestions for making this recipe.
Keywords: funfetti blondies, peanut butter blondies