Dairy-Free Frozen Peach Cream Pie is no-bake and requires just seven ingredients, resulting in a creamy peach and banana filling that sits on top of an easy grain-free almond crust!
For the almond crust:
- 3/4 cup almonds, natural and whole
- 3/4 cup dates, pitted and whole
- 3 tablespoons almond butter, natural and unsalted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the peach filling:
- 3 cups frozen banana chunks
- 2 cups frozen peach slices (skins removed)
- 1/4 cup natural cashew butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Fresh peach slices
- Fresh raspberries or blueberries
- Coconut cream
- Prepare crust: In a food processor, add the almonds, dates, almond butter and maple syrup, and process until a crumbly mixture forms but easily sticks together between your fingers. If it doesn’t stick, just add another drizzle of maple syrup. Press into a 9-inch tart pan or pie plate.
- Prepare filling: Wipe out the food processor and add the bananas, peaches, cashew butter and maple syrup. Process on high until the mixture is thick and creamy. This will take a few minutes and you will need to stop a few times to stir the mixture and scrape down the sides. Pour the peach filling onto the prepared crust. Smooth out the top and place in the freezer for 4-5 hours to set up.
- Serving and storing pie: Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving and let sit at room temperature before slicing. Serve with fresh peach slices, berries, honey, granola and/or coconut cream. Store any leftover slices (without fresh fruit topping) in the freezer.
- If you don’t have a powerful food processor or blender, you can make the peach filling in two batches. Just keep the first batch in the freezer while you make the second. You can also add a little bit of almond or coconut milk to the fruit mixture to loosen it up, but the more liquid you add, the icier the filling will get.
- I used cashew butter in the peach filling to add a creamy texture without an overpowering taste or colour. You can use almond butter, but it may add a brown tint to your filling.
- To make life easier, I’ve used frozen peaches in this recipe, but you can use fresh peaches. Just peel and slice your fresh peaches and arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet that’s lined with parchment or wax paper. Place in the freezer for a few hours until the slices are frozen.
- The crust and peach filling are already vegan, so if you want to keep this peach pie recipe vegan, just forego the drizzle of honey on top, and make sure any cream you serve on the side is vegan, such as coconut cream.
Keywords: peach cream pie, no-bake peach pie, frozen peach pie