This Mango Avocado Oatmeal Smoothie has a whole lot of clean eating goodness going on! It has layers of oats and chia, Skyr yogurt and a green smoothie made with mango, avocado, banana, spinach, flax and almond milk. All the healthy fats, fibre and protein make this a filling breakfast!
- 1 cup rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Skyr or Greek yogurt
- 1 cup fresh spinach, packed
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup frozen avocado chunks
- 1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 banana, chopped and frozen
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- dark chocolate chips and coconut chips for toppings (optional)
- In a small bowl, add the rolled oats, chia seeds and chocolate almond milk. Stir until combined. Spoon out the mixture into 2 wide mouth mason jars or dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour, or overnight.
- Once the oats and chia have absorbed the milk, layer on the yogurt.
- In a blender, add the spinach, almond milk, avocado, mango, banana and flax. Blend on high until smooth. Pour over yogurt mixture. (The smoothie will be thick).
- Top with chocolate chips and coconut, or any other topping you like.
- For this recipe, I used plain Skyr yogurt, but you can also use plain Greek. I like these options as they are thick and creamy. If you’re not a fan of plain yogurt, you can always stir in a drizzle of honey.
- I use President’s Choice frozen avocado chunks. They are perfect for smoothies!
- You can use any type of milk you like in this recipe. I just prefer almond milk. I used chocolate almond milk in the oats to add a little sweet taste, but you can always use unsweetened if you prefer.
- This recipe makes enough for 2 average-sized smoothies, or one very large smoothie bowl. So perfect for sharing! If you only want one smoothie, you can just half the recipe.
Keywords: avocado, mango, oatmeal, smoothies, breakfast